Crazy schedule kicked into overdrive this week? See how we can ease your pain :)October 16, 2016
Good Candida friendly . . . almost!October 23, 2016
Recently I got it into my head that I should try using tahini as a sauce base, rather than just a topping on my falafels. I threw in some garlic, salt, chili flakes and bang! I had a great sauce going! I tried it out on my guinea pig – aka my husband, and it was a hit!
My suggestion to you all is to get out of your food-comfort zone. Try an ingredient you’ve never had before, or try an ingredient you like, but in a different application. You might discover some new that you love!
Food for Thought – 10 great reasons to enjoy tahini paste –
- It’s rich in phosphorus, magnesium, potassium and iron
- Aid’s in liver detoxification
- High in Vitamins – E, B1, 2, 3, 5 and 15
- Promotes healthy cell growth
- Helps prevent anemia
- Helps to maintain healthy skin and muscle tone
- It has 20% complete protein, making it a higher protein source than most nuts
- Because of it’s an alkaline food it’s easy to digest and promotes weight loss
- It’s one of the best sources of calcium
- High in unsaturated good fat
** the above info was taken from http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-6997/10-Reasons-to-Eat-Tahini.html
The following two tabs change content below.
I was inspired by my loved ones to reach out to people who have Cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, Diabetes and other debilitating illnesses. I learned to prepare food for people who need to consume a certain diet, in order to stave off their symptoms and/or help fight their illness, but have neither the physical strength, capability nor time to cook for themselves.